Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...

also known as Wednesday - and it's only getting worse.  If that can even possibly happen.  I feel like Alexander from the old Judith Viorst book (thank you, Judith for the blog post title!) - did you ever read it when you were a kid?  Thinking about that book is about the only thing that has kept me from bursting into tears today - and over a computer!  Honestly, I could just puke.  Something somehow ate my Outlook pst file - and now all of my calendar, contacts, tasks and emails are gone.  I have struggled mightily to even find the hidden file where all of the data is stored!  Once I did manage to find the thing - thanks to help from a client's computer nerd buddy - I am unable to repair it because my MS Office installation is lacking the file needed and I don't have the disk - Tim does.  And while I am sure he doesn't have the disk with him, he is also not patient at all with me when providing computer assistance.  He acts like I am the village idiot even though I actually possess an above-average IQ - and well, I admit that he pisses me off a little when he does that.  Consequently, computer support sessions in which both of us participate do not go well.  At all.  I am at the point where I realize that I am going to have to break down and pay for a utility program that specifically scans and repairs my pst file - which, come to find out, is a problem when your file grows to over 2 gigbytes in size, which mine apparently has.  I haven't thrown anything and my computer has not moved from its spot on my desk, so I am at least trying to remain calm.
Trying.  Really trying.

1 comment:

  1. OH, NO!!! Hope you find a way to get it fixed. I wonder if you talk to Microsoft and explain things if they have a work-around.

    I use Outlook for the house calendar, and faithfully back it up to a pst file. I've only had to use it once and it worked. However, I heard a horror story similar to yours from a friend who works in her hubby's orthodontic office--they kept the patient appointments on the calendar and lost it all.

    ReplyDelete