Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Getting into the spirit of holiday baking with...

Chocolate Nut Bread

Ingredients:

4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 ¾ cup milk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 ½ cups chocolate chips
1 ½ cup chopped pecans

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.  Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Combine eggs, milk and oil in another bowl.  Add gradually to flour mixture and mix until moistened.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.  Spoon into prepared loaf pans and bake for 55 to 60 minutes.  Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.



2 comments:

  1. Looks really good. Might just have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...I'll give this a try! I love chocolate chip muffins so I know I'll like this! Thanks!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete