Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Appetizers or...

cookies?  That is indeed the question.  I've been invited to Al & Tom's for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and when I asked what I could bring, well, Tom had dinner pretty much covered.  So I said, "I'll bring appetizers."  After wracking my brain about what to make, and worrying about ruining everyone's appetite for eating dinner after Tom slaved over it all day, I decided instead to bake cookies for them.  That way, they can eat them all weekend.  I admit it, I am using store-bought cookie dough - but it's pretty hard to make cookie dough without a mixer.  I've made white chocolate macadamia nut and oatmeal raisin for them and a pan of regular chocolate chip for home.  The kitchen smells heavenly - and I have to tell you, one of the best investments I ever made is the Chicago Metallic commercial baking pans and Silpat baking mats.  No more warped cookie sheets and no more burned cookies to scrape off the pan.  It's a wonderful combination!  Like cookie dough and chocolate chips...


No comments:

Post a Comment