Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I usually have a plan...

but it seems that this time I do not.  Yet.  Isn't this a lovely table?  It's an antique Mission library table from the 1920s - and I paid all of $50 for it.  Al & Tom were gracious enough to go and pick it up for me from the people who advertised it on craigslist.  The husband told me that his wife just had too much furniture in their house and they wanted to get rid of it.  What's amazing is that it is exactly like a desk I bought for my mother many years ago.  There used to be a wonderful antique store downtown run by a lovely artistic lady who made annual buying trips abroad until she got too frail to travel.  I suspect that a lot of the items that she sold were family heirlooms; she was "old money" who had lived here most of her life.  My dad called it genteel - or what's left when all the old money is gone.  At any rate, she was lovely and so interesting to talk to - and she had wonderful things in her shop, including some of her own original artwork.  On a Saturday after Thanksgiving, much like today, we stopped in her store after the annual craft fair on the waterfront (a whole other story!) and had a look around.  I saw the desk and decided right then and there that I had to have it - and unfortunately, so did my mother.  Well, you can imagine who won - and I still paid for it!  I did score an antique English wicker market basket with folding handles that day, which I enjoyed for awhile, until my mother latched onto that too.  Story of my life - which is exactly why I never introduced her to my husband until after we eloped.  Wait - where was I?  Oh right - so I saw this bargain on craigslist and now it's sitting in the middle of my living room.  And I'm not quite sure where I am going to put it.  Yet.  But I'm working on it.  Really.

1 comment: