Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Green Chicken Chili...

I was going to put pea soup on last night and I got sidetracked watching a movie - so I think I'll use up the leftover chicken and make chili.
And I'll share my recipe...


Green Chicken Chili
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:

¼ cup olive oil
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, diced
1 whole rotisserie chicken, pulled
¾ cup all-purpose flour
8 cups chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
2 cans white kidney beans
1 can green chiles, drained
½ tsp black pepper
Kosher salt to taste

Garnish:

Sliced green onions
Fresh chopped cilantro
Shredded monterey jack or queso fresco
Tortilla strips

Instructions:
Pour chicken broth into a large saucepan and heat on medium heat.  In a large pot, add olive oil and heat on low.  Add the diced onion and cook until translucent.  Add the fresh minced garlic and cook just until you can smell the nice garlic aroma.  Add pulled chicken and still until the chicken is coated with oil.   Add the flour and still until it appears brown and has absorbed all of the olive oil.  Add heated chicken broth, diced tomatoes, beans and stir while the mixture comes to a boil.  Add chiles, black pepper and salt as desired.  Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes.  Serve garnished with green onions, cilantro, cheese and tortilla strips.

1 comment:

  1. Yum...this sounds very good. We eat soups at least once a week during cold weather and I will definitely give this a try.

    ReplyDelete