Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Saturday, November 06, 2010

The saga continues...

as I try once again to restore my damaged and possibly hopelessly lost Outlook pst file.  After using the utility software I got online, my Outlook calendar and email program disappeared completely.  Richard brought me his Office CD so I could re-install it, which I did, and I got Outlook back, but no files.  When I spoke to Tim about my dilemma, he offered to buy me the new Outlook 2010 software that should remedy the problem.  He was on his way to Naples this afternoon, but he has stopped at Best Buy and purchased the software - I just have to meet him at the I-75 exit tonight to pick it up since he needs to get back to Tampa as soon as possible.  I can do that - anything to resolve this computer issue!  And so I have distracted myself today by watching online episodes of NBC's new sitcom Outsourced.  It's apparently based on an independent movie with a similar plot line: Todd has to go to India to run a call center or he's out of a job.  It's pretty amusing - the characters are funny and it's hilarious watching this guy trying to explain why oddball American novelties are funny to the rather uptight call center employees.  As you might expect, Todd has fallen for the very attractive Asha who is in the beginning stages of choosing a husband for her expected arranged marriage.  Todd fills out an application - under the name of Pradeep - and slips his application into the file, in hopes that Asha will realize that Pradeep (Todd) is her soul mate.  Guaranteed to make us wish for a happy ending!  If you haven't watched it and like a good pointless sitcom, check it out - it's sweet and funny - with no redeeming social value.  My kind of TV show.

2 comments:

  1. I love this show and certainly appreciate the humor as I have my own "Pradeep". Damn Indian Mothers who force their sons to marry women that they do not know or what. Sigh...heartbreak.

    ReplyDelete