Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, November 05, 2010

Still cooking...

my way through solving this computer debacle.  It's no longer just a problem, no sirree.  I am having a major meltdown here from which neither the computer nor I may soon recover.  Gotta keep busy - can't think on an empty stomach...

Pepper Jack Cheesy Mac

2 cups dry elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
1 12-oz can evaporated milk
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup broken tortilla chips
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a casserole dish.  Cook macaroni in a large saucepan of salted water for about seven minutes.  Drain and return to saucepan.  Add cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 cups of pepper jack cheese, evaporated milk and black pepper to macaroni.  Stir until combined.  Pour into casserole dish.  Combine the remaining 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese, tortilla chips and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.  Sprinkle over the top of the casserole and cover with foil.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes until lightly browned.  Fills the tummy and clears out the sinuses!

1 comment:

  1. I have GOT to make this!! It looks delicious! Did it taste as good as it looks? Sorry to hear about computer problems! I am going to look and see if I missed more of your posts this week! Happy Weekend, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete