Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Monday, November 22, 2010

ME Monday...

Okay, so I haven't run out of ME stuff to share.  I was just brain dead last week - it happens.  Today I am making split pea soup with ham in my trusty Mary Engelbreit crock pot.  I am so glad I ordered the black one instead of the blue.  This one matches my kitchen much better.  And it works great - the pot is removable and it fits nicely in the dishwasher.  It also has a nice keep warm feature for when the cooking is done. 
Peter is peering over the counter at me - it would appear that he smells the ham and chicken broth.  Like he's really going to try the pea soup when it's done...
Check out more ME over at Cherry Chick!

6 comments:

  1. Girl...you truly are a Mary Engelbreit fan! I saw these when they first came out but I just couldn't justify buying one when I had a working plain ole' white one. I would be "thankful" to come across one in a GW store one day. Now I have crock pot envy.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us all on ME Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. Peter is too cute watching over you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my new 2011 planner....it is a Mary Engelbreit from Sam's for $8.78 and I thought of YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm lining up behind Vicki in the "crock pot envy line". We no longer have a working crock pot. Wonder if these are still available. Guess I'm off to google M. E. crock pots. Can't beat cute and useful!
    Happy M. E. Monday! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost smell it simmering...there is just something wonderful about a pot of soup on a crisp Fall day. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peter is so sweet, and a smart kitty.

    ReplyDelete