Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, November 26, 2010

Are people crazy?

Who in their right mind goes shopping at 4:00 am?  Or worse yet, who camps out all night long to be first in line for some over-rated sale the next morning?  Sorry - not me.  Never again.  Not even if I had any money to spend!  Yes, I went shopping on Black Friday once, years ago, because I had never gone.  My mother and I decided to go to Burdines early in the morning - see how long ago it's been?  Burdines is now Macy's!  It was horrific and I vowed never to do it again.  I came home with a migraine the size of Texas.  The whole shopping trip is a Mama story - something like Mama Takes on the Mall - but I will leave that for another time.  This year, like every year since that fateful holiday shopping spree, I slept a little late and have spent the entire day at home.  I admit that I did do a little holiday shopping online - but only for a couple of inexpensive handmade gifts on Etsy - and two things that will be incorporated into some crafts I'm making from eBay.  I have putzed around with some Christmas card ideas, but I don't like anything I've done so far.  I gathered up the fall decorations and got out one of the boxes of Christmas baskets and my little white wooden deer.  The weekend is still young!  Right now we are patiently waiting for the Pizza Hut delivery guy to bring us our thin crust cheese pizza.  Well, I'm being patient - Aggie knows something is up and she's sitting beside her gate staring down the door.  She'll be in a complete frenzy when she hears a strange car and then a knock on the door.  Children! 

4 comments:

  1. Dawn, I WOULD DO THAT! There would have to be a lot of factors that fell into place though. The weather would have to be comfortable. I would want food brought to me every couple of hours by a willing volunteer (husband). It would have to be something that I REALLY wanted and the savings would have to be at least $200. NOW, if all of those things occurred, I would be there. You two kids enjoy that pizza. Pizza Hut pizza is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! People ARE crazy!! But they can be crazy by themselves.....I would not go ANYWHERE near all that frenzied activity! We spent the morning and early afternoon decorating our church for the beginning of Advent season. Starting tomorrow afternoon....Christmas decorating!

    PS....I think you are SO beating me at Scabble! REMATCH after this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left you a comment, but don't know what happened. Short story is...Yes we are all crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To answer your question, YES. I cannot imagine going shopping the day after Thanksgiving and facing the hordes. Give me a quiet, alone day at home and I'll start my holiday decorating, thank you!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete