Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, October 30, 2009

That's me in the corner...

That's me in the spotlight, making my Thanksgiving - uh, cards... Okay, so I'm not a lyricist - and I don't have a purple truck, but if I did, well, that would be me. I love pumpkins, don't you? I love the little ones in the market - and I hate when people draw faces on them! They are so perfect all on their own, plump and orange. Oh no, I've said too much - I haven't said enough...
I'd better stop singing while I'm ahead. I do, however, want to sing the praises of my Crop-A-Dile! I can finally set eyelets that look like they're meant to be there, instead of a crumpled, mangled mess. When I first attempted to make my own cards, I spent an inordinate amount of time watching Martha Stewart in all her crafty perfection. No wonder I felt so crappy about my piddling projects! Anyhow, if you ever looked at a Martha by Mail catalog, you were probably as enthralled as I was with all her little, uber-organized, turquoise-labeled kits, guaranteed to make you a domestic diva, just like Martha. I spent $29 on her cute silver-cased eyelet kit, complete with little glass top containers of eyelets, a protective mat for my work surface and its own miniature hammer. Veni, vidi, VISA... Well, too bad there really was no guarantee, because I could never even master punching a hole with the dang thing, let alone set an eyelet. After what seemed like months of experimentation (I'm sure it was really only about a week), I gave up completely and switched to a hole punch and brads. That didn't mean that I stopped looking longingly at cards with eyelets - I had just resigned myself to the fact that I would never be able to produce anything remotely as cute. But then - my Crop-A-Dile arrived and life hasn't been the same!

1 comment:

  1. I love your delightful Thanksgiving card, Dawn, and like you, was eyelet challenged until the Crop-o-dile came along!! I've worn one out and am now on number 2!!

    ReplyDelete