Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Monday, October 26, 2009

Letting go...

is the hardest lesson I've ever had to learn. Letting go of my cats is probably the most heartbreaking - worse than letting go of my husband, I think. Isn't that weird? Anyhow, this is where my cats (the five that haven't been adopted out: Eddie, Walter, Louis, Lucie Bee and Sophie) live now - and Tim says they seem to be quite happy on the farm. Apparently they are quite adept at catching small moles - even without claws. Sophie always was something of a serious huntress and Ed, well, he's just Ed, the love of my life. I miss him more than I can say.
I'm also letting go of the idea of ever having a relationship with my sister. They say you should never ask a question you don't already know the answer to, but I had prayed and prayed about how to mend things with my only sibling and when I went to see her (she happened to be in town at my parent's old house) - let's just say it wasn't pretty and I didn't get to talk to her at all. But that's another story, which I know will someday find its way into my writing - it was sad and hilariously funny all at once. And the more I think about it, the funnier it gets. So that's that.

And finally, today I let go of some more of the past; I sold more of my jewelry to help meet my looming financial obligation. It's just stuff, I keep telling myself, but it didn't make it any easier seeing it go. I've only hung on to my emerald engagement ring, a little diamond anniversary ring, a pretty peridot and my favorite amethyst earrings. I mean, how much can you wear at any one time? It was pretty stuff, but it's still just stuff.

3 comments:

  1. My friend Dawn,

    I thank God for your stength. You are alive and that is why it hurts to let go. They are not just possessions or pets, but they are memories most of all. Sacrifice takes courage. You are wise in choices. "Let go and let God" can be such a cliche' but it is meant as a starting point of healing for you. My prayers are with you that God always be by your side.

    I am here if you ever need a friend. My email is apronofthemonthclub@yahoo.com

    Take Care and be good to yourself!
    Yoli :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The knowledge that your cats are faring well in their new country home may take a little of the sting from their loss. I know it is much more difficult to let go of relationships than things!

    My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you during this difficult time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have had a pretty rough day, but your attitude is amazing.
    I know it has to be hard and it probably helps to write about it. I firmly believe blogging is good for your health.
    Take care sweet sister. I'll pray that God will continue to give you peace.
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete