Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, October 23, 2009

Talk about a lesson...

I came in the office, put my stuff down and checked on the cat. Petey wasn't in his usual hiding place - he was just sitting there. He meowed at me, I filled his food bowl and water dish and off I went to the bathroom. Typical morning - then I heard this horrific crash! I went out to my desk and Pete had apparently tried to jump on the shelf mounted on the wall over my desk. He broke two of my Boyd's bear figures - one survived unscathed - and amazingly the potted plant (it's fake) didn't break when everything fell on my desk next to my computer monitor. The shelf was tilted downward, but didn't come off the wall, thank goodness! I was picking up the mess and realized that the terra cotta plant pot had hit my coaster as it fell. And here's my lesson for today: for the past couple of weeks I've been trying so hard not to let go of things and control everything in my life and just be in charge. I think God used Petey this morning to get my attention and show me that I'm not in charge at all. He broke my I'm In Charge Here coaster that I look at every day, all day - everytime I have a sip!
So I guess it's time to use a different one:

Do you think that there are really people out there who don't believe that God moves in mysterious ways?



4 comments:

  1. We've had so many accidents here at our house, with the cats knocking stuff off shelves. Now when I hear a crash in the middle of the night, I just roll over and say I'll go check on it in the morning. Seriously though, I learned a wonderful truth from my pottery teacher, who learned it from another master potter. She told me (regarding my pottery but it holds true with any object) that whenever I looked at a piece I should picture it already broken. I'm not saying it right, but you get the meaning. I used to cry when things got broken, but it is inevitable. Especially when you have pets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God does get our attention. He has a swift way of removing the things that were a stumbling block. I know I get overly confident, especially being a single mother. I often think I can do it all and don't need a man to tell me what to do. I too need to rememmber that GOD is in charge.

    I hope you have a good weekend.
    Yoli :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great lesson for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmmm. I think God was using Petey to tell us all something. Thanks for sharing this.


    Joy

    ReplyDelete