Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, October 01, 2009

It's time!


I love Halloween! All the stores started putting Halloween stuff out in August along with the school supplies, or so it seemed to me. Too early, even for an old witch like me! I try to contain myself until October first - then it's out with the pumpkins and cats and everything orange and black. I just put the pumpkin in my welcome sign on the door and I confess, I got the basket and candles out of the back room yesterday before I went home. I know I have more stuff in storage - which I am hoping to go for another van full of boxes tomorrow afternoon. We even have slightly cooler fall weather! What is it about autumn that's so invigorating?


I inherited this baker's rack from a lady who moved to Texas - isn't it cute? I changed the drawer knobs to Mary Engelbreit beehives - goes with my business logo - and my plan is to use this for handmade cards for sale. Right now it's a great spot for my McCoy flower pots and some baskets that I don't know what to do with - I have that problem a lot! I've also had another bright idea of something to sell, but I have to unearth my sewing machine from storage first to see how long it takes me to make a prototype. More on that later...

3 comments:

  1. that's just a darling little rack! I loved your comment, because I was asking my husband the exact same thing!! (we women just think alike) I mean my goodness, how did it take that long for him to smell it, he drives around his car all day long!! too funny.

    Blessings,
    LMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do Halloween decorations, per se, but I have some more generic fall ones that I can leave up through Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on Halloween- it's the best time of the year for me to find stuff with black cats as the theme. And when I was a "rat mom", well, Halloween was the ONLY time of year to find little rat figurines!

    ReplyDelete