Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My sweet babies...

What would I ever do without them? When I got home last night they were so glad to see me; I sat down in the big chair and they jumped on top of me, licking like crazy! Of course, they were probably thinking: we saw you bring the WalMart bag in - what did you get for us? There's nothing like a big dose of dog love right when you walk in the door.
As you can see, Monty is not adverse to dressing up for Halloween. They both have sporty little trick or treat collars, but they have been known to wear additional costumes - yikes! Aggie had her Halloween collar first - her dad got it for her at PetsMart one year. I was trying to be thrifty and clip coupons, so I had given Tim a $5 coupon for Science Diet cat food - hoping he'd remember to use it. When he came back out of the store, I reminded him about the coupon and he said, yes, he'd used it. Then he handed me and Aggie a little bag - in which there was a little orange trick or treat collar. So much for my $5 savings - he's spent it on Aggie - lucky dog! She liked the collar (and the attention) - you know how they get when you whip them into a frenzy over not much at all.
When we lived in our old house, the dogs absolutely loved Halloween. Well, Aggie and Monty did anyway - Willie liked to hang back from the door with his blue Kong and just watch. I would put a baby gate in the front door and when the neighborhood kids came up and knocked (our door opened out), Tim or I would answer and Aggie and Monty would rush the door and stand up at the gate to greet the kids - a real novelty for them - the dogs, I mean. Not to be left out, Eddie the cat would sit on the windowsill by the door, too.
So last night I asked them what they wanted to go as for Halloween this year - Aggie thinks she'll just go as Toto again and Monty wants to be a pirate. I'll be sure to take pictures!





3 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' Monty in his coke-bottle glasses!! How adorable!!

    My Gizmo loves Halloween, too, but is not into dressing up! He perfers to bark and snap at the kids!! He is a real toot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those glasses are cracking me up.

    Can't wait to see their costumes.

    Libby has a cheerleader costume for the GA Bulldogs. My husband is a GA bulldog fan.

    One year Libby knocked over my bowl of candy that I had in a window seal. We were were at the neighbors eating before Trick or Treating. She at so much chocolate and threw up for hours. Yuck!
    So I learned my lesson not to keep bowl where she can get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn,
    I'm glad you found my new blog. I have so much to do for my relocation. I have to be there by January 1st, and that just doesn't seem like enough time.

    Can you send Monty to help pack?? LOL

    Take to you soon!
    Yoli :)

    ReplyDelete