Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Breakfast of champions...

or lazy bookkeepers - I'm not sure which. Only in America can you have a corn dog with mustard made to order for breakfast. I used to only eat corn dogs once a year at the county fair - and I ate them all week long. The Kiwanis booth made a small fortune selling them, I think! I do not understand people who ruin a perfectly good corn dog with ketchup, but to each his own. I've had a lifelong love affair with mustard: yellow mustard, brown mustard, crunchy mustard (compliments of my friend Margaret in the UK), honey mustard, horseradish mustard. I even prefer Hellman's Dijonnaise to mayo! I have a whole section in my refrigerator door dedicated to mustard. Colonel Mustard in the kitchen with, um, a frozen corn dog!
I'm having one of those days. I was feeling a bit discouraged yesterday and when I went home I decided to finally read Duma Key by Stephen King - I needed a serious distraction from the current chaos in my mind. I kept starting it and then putting it down - but I ended up reading almost three hundred pages last night, so it did finally hold my interest. I've only had the book for a couple of years! Not one of his best works - I'm looking forward to reading his new book, Under the Dome. At least it calmed my worried mind down so I could sleep last night. Thank you, Mr. King.

1 comment:

  1. Yea for mustard! Although I'll eat hamburgers and fries with just ketchup if I have to, I much prefer to mix it with mustard. We only have two containers in the refrigerator now--plain yellow and Dijon.

    Son #3 used to work the breakfast shift at Sonic. He would come home and tell us tales of the strange things people ordered for breakfast. Yours is hardly the most unusual.

    ReplyDelete