Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, November 13, 2009

Stinker alert!

I don't know what I was thinking when I put this movie on my Netflix queue.  It was an interminable two hours and thirty-nine minutes long.  And I mean long.  And depressing.  Did I mention that it was long?  And it didn't even have Kevin Costner in it, mindlessly dancing with wolves.  I much prefer Brad Pitt in a movie where he invokes his inner half-wit (like Burn After Reading) than what always amount to his feeble attempts at dramatic brilliance in a wooden role written for, say, Keanu Reeves.  Sam Shepard had about five lines and I think Mary-Louise Parker had two - and some screaming.  I'm sitting there trying not to doze off, waiting for the coward Robert Ford to actually assassinate Jesse James when I realize that his whole problem is that he has some sort of unrequited hero/idol worship secret love thing for Jesse.  Too weird for a western - not enough shooting and bank robbing.  I mean, was Jesse James retired or something?  If someone near and dear to you suggests this movie for your Friday night flick, feign the flu or run screaming from the room.  You'll thank me later.

1 comment:

  1. True confession...I do not like Brad Pitt. I don't like Tom Cruise either. I like Sam Shepard because he has the rough cowboy swagger. I like Kevin Costner too. I really like Russell Crowe; wow in Gladiator.

    Tonight my daughter is watching the movie "17 Again", a teen flick. I'm actually going to sneak away to my bedroom to work on my bible study.

    Hope you have a good weekend!
    Yoli

    ReplyDelete