Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, November 20, 2009

Is it Friday already?

Well, what I was going to do today was tackle my cookbook project, but instead...

I worked on my client birthday card mailing for December.  My first year in business, I would address the birthday cards when I did the tax return, put the date where the stamp goes and stick then in my monthly birthday file.  Then all I had to do was slap a stamp on it and mail it at the appropriate time.  Boring, but effective.  That plan sorta got away from me last tax season - and my helper never bothered to do her cards at all - so my birthday greetings went by the wayside for a few months.  Paperwork was not her forte, as much as I like her.  I hate to say this, but if I want things done my way, I guess I am just going to have to do everything myself.  So - I did my November cards the other day and I have finished December today.  I need to make more cards and then I can do January.  Hopefully, I will be caught up by the time tax season comes along and I can go back to my original system.  And yes, I have successfully put off working on the Christmas cards for one more day.  I have, however, typed up my Christmas mailing list to print on clear address labels; I don't think my hands can take all that addressing by hand again this year.  Old Arthur, as my mother-in-law would say.

I finally watched Get Shorty in its entirety.  It was absolutely hilarious!  I tried to get Tim to watch it once a long time ago and he didn't find the first few minutes humorous at all, so we switched to something else.  As I have probably said before, I never thought that John Travolta would amount to anything after Saturday Night Fever or Urban Cowpie.  I have been pleasantly surprised over the past few years - he cracks me up.  His Chili Palmer (I'm not going to say anything more than I have to, if that) is great - and Dennis Farina makes one terrific bad guy, even if his favorite word begins with F.  Of course, I had to watch Be Cool - just to see what happened next - and to see The Rock play a gay bodyguard.  I think I liked the supporting characters better in the second movie, plus John Travolta dances with Uma Thurman.  The funniest part was seeing The Rock (who wants to be a movie star and asks Chili to get him an audition) all dressed up in a blue polyester suit, standing in front of a mirror with big afro hair, smiling and smacking himself on the ass.  I thought I would die.  And then, if that weren't enough, his boss (played to the hilt by Vince Vaughan - who thinks he is black) makes a video of him singing You Ain't Woman Enough to Take My Man.  I nearly wet my pants.  Some movies really are as funny as the books they are based on.  I hope they paid Elmore Leonard a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment