Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, November 06, 2009

Isn't this too cute?

I found this adorable Debbie Mumm desktop background (and lots more!) here. I like her artwork almost as much as Mary Engelbreit. I said, almost. I love the orange cat! I was actually looking for a country Christmas background, but there aren't any. Maybe soon!
I've been sitting at my craft desk all morning messing around with half-finished cards and I've got this nice little batch ready to put in my window display - for sale! I'm going to make a Busy Bee Cards sign with my Cricut in a little while and put it in the window. If and when I make some money (hopefully before tax season), I'm going to revise my window lettering, add my logo and devote one section of window to Busy Bee Cards & Crafts. I don't know if I already wrote about that or not - I'm losing my mind these days. I hate when I repeat myself!
I finally got all of the seasonal decorations junk that I got out of storage sorted and put away - and what I'm taking to the flea market next month is all together in one place. I'm going back to storage this afternoon (it's finally cool outside!) and get some more. My client, Jonathan, is buying my old washer and dryer, so he's going to help put some stuff in the back of my SUV to bring back to the office. I am determined to finish the "empty the storage unit" project by the first of December! I will get this mess re-organized; I will have an orderly life again!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, I like the doggies. It is a cute background. I can see a jigsaw puzzle in mind, being made from that background. We don't have cats because my daughter Gigi is allergic to cats.

    I hope you do make some extra money and get to redo your window. Do you sell any of your stuff on Etsy? Let me know so I can see what you have posted.

    Have a great day!
    Yoli :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apron directed me here. There is no fun in being too organized. Enjoy the weekened. tons of blessings. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you in my prayers so that your work will sell.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Debbie Mumm too, and Sandi Gore Evans. I agree, you should sell your cards on Etsy. Last year when I was doing my pottery tiles, I was selling them on Etsy as fast as I could get them listed. Without the "hassle" of waiting for bidders and auction times like eBay. It is a great marketplace for any crafter!

    ReplyDelete