Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Busy bee...

birthday cards!  I finally came up with a new design for my client birthday cards - sticking with my bee theme.  The first two years I just used my business logo printed on a card, but I used all of those up (I printed them on my handy-dandy HP color laser printer - which, amazingly, I still haven't had to buy toner cartridges for!) and decided to come up with a new and cuter design.  For fall, I have done the hive and Be Happy on a white vertical card with a lavender background layer (I left my camera home!), but starting with January, I am going back to horizontal so I can run the inside through my other printer for the birthday greeting and add Smith & Associates. Yes, I'm putting off making this year's Christmas cards.  Couldn't you tell?  I have the design in my head, but I have yet to execute a prototype.  I ran across some cards from my first year in business and I'm going to be frugal (um, lazy) and send those to new clients who won't realize they are a repeat.  Sneaky, huh? I guess I'm having flashbacks to last year when I made this complicated card with a holly Cricut cut-out and glitter and well, they were pretty, but a lot of work and I made over three hundred of them - all the same.  It's the OCD thing...  My friend, Jill, who is an excellent cardmaker, makes several different designs every year because she gets bored making the same one over and over.  I've tried, but I can't do it!  There's something wrong with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment