Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Two Lessons for Tuesday...


I learned the hard way: don't put Thai rice noodles down your garbage disposal. It might seem like the clog is gone, but it has surreptitiously glommed on to whatever grease and junk is lurking down the line and gangs up on you. And secondly, don't run your dishwasher thinking that everything is all right. It's not and there will be water all over your kitchen floor. And dogs with wet feet trying to notify you of the problem. I spent most of the day waiting for the maintenance man to come and fix the big mess and then trying to control two over-eager canines who were desperately trying to assist him. I tried to tell them that if the nice man had needed help, he would have brought his own trained dog - but they weren't having any of that. All's well that ends well - he even fixed the leak under the sink for me while he was there.

Okay, I'll admit that the dogs' delirium was mainly my fault. I had been whipping them both into a frenzy all day by telling Aggie it was her birthday, happy birthday, who's the birthday girl, we're having treats, yadda yadda, yadda... Monty heard treats and that was his signal to run from room to room, jumping on the chairs, chasing his sister and making a general nuisance of himself. Anyhow, Aggie is eleven now and she still thinks she is all that - and a box of MilkBones. For dinner we had chicken hotdogs (Aggie loves chicken and Monty loves hot dogs, hence the compromise) and birthday cake. The lady at Publix couldn't believe I was giving the dogs people cake, but hey, it's only twice a year and I will use any excuse to have a piece of Publix Bakery birthday cake. They both ate until they lay groaning on the living room floor - we watched My Cousin Vinny - and the dogs were zonked out by ten o'clock. I foolishly thought that because they were both full as ticks that they would sleep through Pizza Guy's 2:30 am dog walk, but alas, I was wrong. They heard the dog's collar jingle and Aggie aroo-ed for a solid five minutes. Then they both went back to sleep. I've been awake ever since - and I've had way too much caffeine!

1 comment:

  1. I'll keep your lessons in mind next time I have Thai rice noodles ...not that I'll have any leftovers :-)

    ReplyDelete