Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, September 25, 2009

A more productive day...


for me today: I did some bookkeeping, a tax return amendment for a client, made appointments with two new clients, sorted stuff for the Salvation Army in the back room (no sentimental card stuff today!) and I even re-arranged my patriotic display at the front of the office. Cute, huh?

I just finished reading Wedding Belles by Haywood Smith. I know I mentioned the first two books in the series, The Red Hat Club and the Red Hat Club Rides Again. This one was good - but the tone was a bit different and one of the previous characters was missing completely. My inquiring mind wanted to know what the deal was and so I emailed the author from her website and actually got a nice reply. Apparently her publisher decided to "erase" that character because of possible litigation. Honestly, aren't people just too litigious these days? It's fiction, for heaven's sake! She was very nice, thanked me for asking and for reading her work. Anyhow, if you get the opportunity to read any of her books (she also writes historical romance), you'll enjoy them.

I also watched a pretty good movie the other night: American Outlaws with Colin Farrell and Gabriel Macht. Well, good if you don't mind glaring historical inaccuracies - but not bad for a western shoot-em-up about Jesse James and his gang. Last night I watched Gotti, the HBO movie with Armand Assante. Not a bad story, even though they glorified John Gotti's life as a mobster, but if you had removed the F-word from the script, there would have been precious little dialogue. I don't know what it is with Hollywood - and why they actually think people want to watch a movie filled with vulgar language. Anyhow, I wouldn't bother renting that DVD. After cleaning out my DVD cabinet to share with friends and my husband, I watched everything I hadn't seen with the exception of Buffalo Girls. I was going to watch it on Monday, but I got sidetracked with the other two movies that Richard brought in for me to watch. The weekend is a good time to watch a mini-series, isn't it?

1 comment: