Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The final frontier...

it's the disaster in my office store room! I've been sorting and donating and deciding what to sell and putting out bags of trash left and right. I managed to clear off a couple of shelves for my eBay stuff and made room for some shipping boxes. I've finally gotten it back into some semblance of order in preparation for tax season. It's only September, you say - but I usually spend most of October and November making Christmas cards for my clients. Last year I made three hundred identical holiday greetings! I did birthday cards for clients following my first tax season in my own office, but I got sidetracked this year and didn't do the birthday thing. I may spend December making birthday cards for the 2009 tax season. Hmmm - it's a thought and it will keep my hands and mind busy.

I always think the cards I make are sort of ugly, so my friend Dorene in California told me to send her some samples and let her decide whether they're ugly or not. So, here's a few of the cards I'm sending to her. I actually like the purple one in the middle - I think it turned out kinda cute. I can be color-impaired at times - but this one is okay. I need to look through my holiday stamps and come up with a Christmas design - one that's simple enough to make three hundred without losing my mind. Any suggestions? I have lot of holiday stamps to choose from.
And finally, tomorrow is the day I'm moving my antique desk from storage to my apartment. I hope it doesn't decide to rain. I have a plan. Seriously - a plan all written out about what's coming out of storage, what's staying at the office, what's leaving the office and going to my apartment and what's coming from my apartment - you get my drift. It would seem that my OCD is getting worse in my old age!


1 comment:

  1. Dawn, you always send me handmade cards and I love them, I think you are extremely talented and clever! I think you could easily sell your cards in the right market. I say "handmade" trumps Made In China any day of the week!

    ReplyDelete