Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It's my party...

and I'll blog if I want to... I tried to scan this adorable card that my dear friend, Carolyn, sent me, but I have somehow messed up the scanner and it wouldn't scan in color - so I did the next best thing. Isn't the kitten the cutest thing? I've been thinking about adopting a buddy for Pete... Anyhow, I'm fifty-one today and to borrow from Kathy G's blog title - today is the first day of the second half of my life. I should be so lucky to live to be a hundred years old - but you never know. I remember when I thought thirty was old!
Aggie did the funniest thing this morning. I was getting ready for work and sitting in a chair in the bedroom that is close to the mirror. She was running around like a banshee and I picked her up and said she owed me a birthday hug. Well, she saw herself in the mirror and after a stunned instant, began barking at the strange dog that her mom had the nerve to be holding. When I put her down, she kept jumping up and whining, as if to say: "Let me at that interloper!" She's pretty jealous of Monty, but this was even worse - another cairn! I guess I never realized that she's never really seen herself in the mirror. All the cats had experienced the revelation of reflection when they were kittens - which I love to watch - but apparently the dogs have been ignorant of their own reflections all these years. I tried showing Aggie herself in the hand mirror, but she was still trying to find that other dog.

4 comments:

  1. Dawn!!! Happy Birthday (a day late)!!! I just celebrated mine on Monday, but I have a few years on you!!! I turned 58!! EEEKKKK!! That's kind of scary seeing it in print!

    My dog has been trying for all 5 years of his life to make friends with the dog behind the glass door of my hutch!! What a doofus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, my mind has already started to go!! Today is Wednesday!! Here I am thinking it is Thursday!!

    Hope you get out to celebrate with friends and family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Thanks for the nice mention.

    When I hold my cats up to the mirror, they don't seem to care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Dawn, happy happy birthday, belated! I will be 43 this year. I can remember when we met, I had just turned 19!!!!!!! Wow-wee, we are getting old, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete