Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Me and my old-lady cart...

I've been sorting through stuff at home, collecting up stuff to take to the Salvation Army. I'm trying to make room for my antique desk and the dishes I want to keep. That's right - I'm getting ready for my storage unit craigslist/eBay/garage sale! My goal is to get the whole unit cleaned out by October 31. I'm hoping it will cool off enough by then so I don't cause my helpful friends Long and Richard to get sunstroke. Seriously. I'm getting rid of cookbooks I'll never use and stuff like that. I keep telling myself: travel light. Well, lighter, anyway. I'm also clearing out the back room at the office to make space for the stuff from the storage unit worth selling on eBay. I've already listed a nice leather recliner and a table and chairs on craigslist - we'll see how that goes. The funny thing is, I tried repeatedly yesterday to list my round oak pedestal table and the ad and picture would not upload for some reason. I think it was a sign - I really love that table and I just had it refinished when we moved. I realized that I should probably be trying to sell the pub table and chairs from the office - it's newer, has chairs and I'd make more money. Funny how God sometimes helps us out, isn't it? I'm going to bring the oak table to the office and use it with my red and blue bargain chairs ($10 each for solid oak). I like quirky better than matchy-matchy anyway!

So now I have my old-lady cart packed up with my artwork that's going home with me. I was convinced that all of these prints had been ruined in a rain mishap during the move, but miraculously, they dried out and seem none the worse for wear. If you haven't noticed, I'm a Mary Engelbreit nut and I love these three prints - especially the Queen of the Cupcakes - which is perfect for my kitchen. It's actually an early print from a book-signing that I bought in a junk store once for about ten bucks - I was sure I couldn't replace it. Happily, it turns out I didn't need to. And lately, I need the Snap Out of It print to get me out of the dumps! Besides, re-arranging and decorating my now permanent home makes me happy - and fortunately, I do know how to put a room together. Watch out HGTV!

1 comment:

  1. I have a cart very similar to that. I use to take my stuff to our neighborhood pool. I also love Mary Engelbreit. I miss her magazine so much. Anyway great minds think a like huh?? Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete