Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Monday, June 01, 2009

So much for my resolve to blog daily...

I wanted to give an update on Monty. I took him to the vet on Thursday and the news wasn't good. The doctor said that the lump was most likely a fibrosarcoma and recommended that we remove it right away. Since he had nothing on his schedule for Friday, we decided to go ahead with the surgery then. I left Monty with them since he would have to have no food or water after midnight anyway. When I got home, Aggie was extremely puzzled as to where her Bubba was and kept looking for him most of the evening. Needless to say, I was upset too and cried myself into a miserable headache by Friday morning. So, I stayed with Aggie and we moped together until the vet called to tell me that Monty had done just fine with the surgery and could go home on Saturday. I went and picked him up on Saturday morning and armed with antibiotics and pain pills, I was instructed to keep him as calm as possible. Fortunately, the pain pills are a big help in that regard and he spent most of the afternoon sleeping on my lap. Aggie was pretty good about not riling her brother up on Sunday, so I gave Monty his medication this morning and decided that it was okay to leave them alone for awhile today while I came to the office. The incision is pretty big, but the lump is gone - thank goodness and Dr. Walstad! They have sent the tissue out for analysis and if it is malignant, we will just have to be vigilant and hope it doesn't reoccur. Monty doesn't seem to be any worse for wear - but I feel sorry for him with that ridiculous collar around his head. He can eat and drink with it on, so that's all I'm worried about - and he can't reach his incision. It doesn't look bad and he goes back to have the stitches out in a week. Please remember my little guy in your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, I am glad the surgery went well, and we will all keep Monty in our thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the surgery went well. Hopefully the lab results will come back clear!

    ReplyDelete