Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

When I don't feel like thinking...



I organize stuff. My middle desk drawer was driving me nuts - so I took a few minutes and straightened it out. Then to further avoid meaningful work, I went through my file drawer and then organized all my current client files into a basket. Some days my OCD just kicks into overdrive and well - here you have it... I still haven't finished organizing all of my stamping stuff, but that day will come. I've been working on my bookkeeping clients' stuff; it seems like they drop it on me all at once and since they are mostly men, what they drop on me is usually a big, disorganized mess. An obsessive-compulsive's dream job!
Another thing I do when I don't feel like thinking is web-surf. I have added a list of websites that I frequently visit to this blog - it's always nice to share. I am a big fan of Alexandra Stoddard's books - the layout, writing style, colors - and of course, I adore Mary Engelbreit. Her site includes free screen saver and desktop background downloads of her cute artwork. Alicia Paulson is an artist I discovered in an article in Hallmark Magazine - she also has a cute blog. I am also a Vera Bradley collector; Tim knows he can never go wrong when he shops at Crowder Brothers for Vera Bradley for anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas... I saw Tom's Shoes on a phone commercial and wondered if it was real. It certainly is and for every pair of new shoes they sell, they give a pair to a child in need. The next time I buy a pair of shoes, they are coming from Tom's.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I really need you to come to my house, seriously!

    Yes, Crowders is the place for me, I think the sister and mother get all my gifts there, from Vera B to Brighton. I always have to go when I come back to town, too!

    ReplyDelete