Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Three things today...

I've been working on sorting out my craft supply mess today. As you can see, it is steadily encroaching on my workspace - and has been since we moved from the house to the condo. All of my sewing stuff - sewing machine, serger, fabric, patterns - went into the storage unit, but I brought all of the rubber stamps and card-making supplies to the office to join my Cricut, which I have been unable to get to for the past couple of months! I've made a lot of progress - although it's hard to tell from this picture!

So as a reward for finally putting my nose to the grindstone, I ordered pizza for lunch from A Taste of Philly - a great little restaurant three doors up from the office. Cari makes wonderful pizza and Ariela and I finally availed ourselves of the vegetable pie during tax season - practically orgasmic! Okay - I don't get out much, but it was good. I have since moved on to the italian pizza with pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions and olives. Excellent! And, if I have pizza for lunch, then I am still full at dinner time - much to Aggie & Monty's chagrin.
And finally, and most importantly, an update on Monty. When I got home last night both dogs were happy to see me (as usual) and I was pleased to find that Monty was still wearing his e-collar and his incision looked good. His pain med-induced buzz had worn off and he was a little frisky, once again barking at anyone who walked by the window, so I slipped his pills into a treat and he was calm again in no time. I actually prefer the frisky Monty to the calm one, but I don't want him to get too rambunctious just yet. Aggie seems to be laying low, too - almost like she senses that Monty needs to take it easy for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Funny coinkydink- I just came back from Wal-Mart where I bought a magazine about rubber stamping and card making. I've never done it before, but I have oodles of rubber stamps leftover from my late-90's scrapbooking days. I enviously eyeballed the Cricut they have there at Wal-Mart. I always sit mesmerized when they have those things on QVC. I want one!!!!

    Glad to know Monty is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete