Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday project...

Remember those pillow covers that didn't look so great in the living room after all?  Pink just can't make brown leather girly, but it can brighten up a sad little screened porch.  I made a cushion for the seat of my old oak bench with some matching fabric, made some new pillow forms for the covers - and voila! - a place to sit outside.  I need to find some sort of little table for the corner there - I have a Mary Engelbreit plant stand, but it's too cute where it is in the bathroom.  The space also needs a weather-proof area rug.  I'll keep pondering...  Did you know that it's cheaper to buy two $2.50 bed pillows from WalMart and turn them each into two pillows than it is to buy ready-made pillow forms - or even a bag of fiber fill?  Just a thrifty tip...
I had to engineer a way to keep my silk ginkgo tree upright - the wind keeps blowing it over.  The last straw was when it broke my pretty green Smith & Hawken pot (on sale for $5 at Target a couple of years ago - I got two green ones and a red one).  I'm going to switch the broken pot out for the other good green one and then flip the broken one over - broken side to the wall - and use it as a stand for my vintage look fan ($12 on sale at WalMart).  And - time to start rotating my ME flags by season - I have a whole bunch of them!  Unfortunately, when I took these photos it had clouded up to rain - that's summer in Florida for you. More screened porch updates this weekend, hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. You can also buy pillows at Goodwill and stuff them in your homemade covers. That's even easier!

    ReplyDelete