Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Madeline Challenge...

A couple of weeks ago, I got a nice little package in the mail from my friend Madeline.  She had gone to a yard sale and found this bunch of stamps and thought of me.  It's a cute hodge-podge collection of stamps and sentiments.  I thought it would be fun to incorporate them all into a thank-you card.
This morning, Petey said, "Mom - why don't you put these pretzels away and make Madeline that card?"  Apparently, Peter is not the procrastinator that his mother is.  He is one insistent gingersnap kitty cat!
And so I made this deliciously tacky card using all of the stamps.  The paper in the typewriter says Live Laugh Love Much.  I was hoping the star would look like it was shooting out of the machine, too.  Oh well.  The little glittery blurb under the star says Just a Note - but it's hard to tell, even on the real thing.  I even added some bling to the Thinking of You!
I tried to arrange the sentiments inside into a coherent note - not bad!
There was even a Created by stamp for the back - how cool is that?  The finishing touch was the Gone to the Beach stamp - like a company name or something.  I'm going to make her some nice cards to fill the little box I'm recycling back to her - I hope she likes them.  I had fun making the silly card!

1 comment: