Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, August 20, 2010

Lord, I am thankful for today...

and for all of its blessings: I have a roof over my head, clothes to wear, food to eat and the companionship of sweetest little dog and and the most persnickety cat in the whole world.  I am thankful for my dear friend Ariela who came by with a lovely lunch of salad and pizza on Tuesday.  I am thankful for the two friends who called me out of the blue this week and made two long evenings a little less lonely.  I am thankful for my faithful client and friend Jonathan who was willing to pay me early this month and for my friend Richard who picked up the part for my car and then drove me to the bank.  I am thankful for the Pad Thai I had for lunch and for someone to eat with besides Aggie - as much as I love her - and that Richard speaks in complete sentences and doesn't beg for food from my plate.  I am grateful for the check that awaited me in my mailbox upon my return home.  I am especially thankful for my friend Long who in a matter of minutes changed the starter on my little car - a potentially huge repair that only cost me $47.93.  I've spent much of the last week feeling a little sorry for myself and worrying about stuff I have no control over.  Sometimes it's a good thing to just calm your mind, let the worry go and count your many blessings.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl! There's a little "something" coming in the mail tomorrow that will hopefully make you smile. It's not $$$ but it should make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring post today, Dawn. I think sometimes we get so bogged down with what we don't have, that we forget ALL the wonderful things we do have. Thank you for reminding us to keep things in perspective.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a post we all need! I am counting my blessings as I type!! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete