Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kids and shiny bones...

Children don’t seem to realize that some things are decorative.  Case in point: my jar full of colorful dominos.  It seems like every child that darkens my door and spots them on the desk wants to play with them – and their indulgent, anti-disciplinarian parents are more than willing to let them.  This is the third time this week that I’ve caught Aggie in the living room with a wayward domino in her mouth.  I know they’re too big for her to choke on, but still.  Guess I’ll have to move the jar to a spot where it will be unseen by little eyes looking for toys - like my reading table in the living room.  I say lash the troublemakers to their car seats, roll the windows all the way down and leave the little rugrats in the car, but that’s just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment