Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, February 03, 2011

I'm computing as fast as I can...

but the basket full of tax returns doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.  In fact, that bag of crap on top of the basket looks bigger than it did this morning.  I am not complaining - no, I would not even think of doing that after this past year of living frugally - but I am feeling slightly overwhelmed today.  I keep reminding myself that it is Thursday and that the weekend is coming.  And that on the weekend I will have time to catch up on these files without interruption - as soon as I finish with my Saturday clients.  Unfortunately, I need to find some time to go and pick up two additional bags of crap from two of my disorganized gentleman clients.  I should explain that bag of crap is my official bookkeeping term for the monthly bags of well, crap that my clients present me with.  I think that Richard actually coined the term bag of crap one day when one of my clients came bearing a year's worth at one time.  The only bookkeeping client that doesn't deliver his monthly paperwork in that format is Al - it's always neatly sorted into the pockets of his monthly folder.  It's a good thing.  I love all my bookkeeping clients, but I love Al more.  And Tom, too.  Not just because they're organized.  But they are.  Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment