Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

I dream about organizing...

is that weird?  I've been an organizer since I was a little girl.  I used to alphabetize my books by author.  My Barbie dolls had a color-coordinated closet.  I had underwear with the days of the week embroidered on them.  You get the picture.  It's a wonder I didn't grow up to be a community organizer.  Not.  I rearranged my bedroom and my closet constantly.  And when I bought my own home - 1800 square feet of space that was mine, all mine! - I was an organizing fiend.  I mean that in a good fiend way.  One of my dreams was to have an gift wrapping center like the one in the picture.  I never did get one, but I came close when Tim installed cabinets and a workspace in my craft room - formerly the guest room.  It was lovely; he even built my sewing machine into a counter-top that he had installed into the closet after we removed the sliding closet doors.  Unfortunately, I never took any photographs of my craft room - dang it!  You think you're going to live in one place forever and then life happens and you don't - and well, it's just a nice memory.  The one thing that never seems to change is my penchant for organizing - and I'm working on the laundry closet in my spare time (do I even have any during tax season?) to make a place for my sewing fabric.  Don't worry - I'm sure I'll post some photos and yak about that project when I'm finished.  Until then, I can dream...

1 comment:

  1. Every evening I remind myself it's time for me to organize my "bag of crap" so I can take it to my tax gal, then every morning I conveniently forget about it. What's with that???
    Best,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete