Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, September 10, 2010

I had forgotten...

how dang much fabric I have!  I had washed all of it before putting it away for two reasons: it was stinky from being in storage and I have finally gotten on the pre-washing bandwagon.  I've been ironing for two days!  I had sorted out the fabric for the living room pillows days ago and then I lost my incentive just looking at the ironing board.  It's my own fault.  I tell you, I am getting to be a cheapskate in my old age.  No - I didn't buy a new ironing board.  I had one of those small ones, so when I was at WalMart, I got this cheap wooden TV tray table for $8 - cheaper than the ironing board - and figured I would just put my little portable ironing board on top of it when I needed to use it and then I could use the table for other stuff as needed.  It was a good plan - but what a pain in the butt.  I ironed the valance I made for the bathroom and by the time I was done, I wanted to throw the table and the ironing board out the window.  The ironing board kept slipping off the table - it was a very trying half hour or so.  The cheap iron, however, works great!  Yesterday, I broke down and ironed more of the fabric I had washed to put away and succeeded in not losing my temper.  Then inspiration struck!  I taped the ironing board to the little table and I ironed this big pile of fabric for my pillow cover project and then some.  It's not like I iron that often, but I like it.  It is actually relaxing and somehow strangely satisfying.  I know, I'm weird.  
As you can see, I still have more fabric to iron and put away - and my assistant is a big help!

2 comments:

  1. I do NOT like ironing.....but Louis Dean set the ironing board up in the guest room after he had pressed his own pants the other day and I am prepared to go in there and IRON.....soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was me, I'd fold the material nicely and put it away, because you'll just have to do again when you use it to remove the storage wrinkles.

    However, I DO hate to iron :-)

    ReplyDelete