Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Arrested Development...

How did I ever miss this show?  I was probably too busy watching movies with Tim - he's a typical male channel surfer who hates commercials and can't stand to watch sitcoms or anything that even remotely resembles a chick flick.  That being said, he would surf the movie channels (we had a satellite dish at the time) and find a movie he'd seen before and then watch it from the middle to the end.  I can't tell you how many partial movies I've seen and pretty much memorized.  I can recite the dialogue from Fargo, Independence Day and Robo Cop (I like it! the idiot criminal shrieks...)  Don't get me wrong, I love movies.  But silly me, I like to watch the whole movie - not just the end.  Anyhow, I was raised on sitcoms.  My dad loved them and since he was in charge of the TV channel - my sister and I alternately served as my dad's remote (I'm showing my age!) - we watched most of the situation comedies that came along.  I loved My Mother the Car, Gilligan's Island, My Favorite Martian - you name it.  I know I missed some during the seventies and eighties due to college and a hectic work schedule - but I have rediscovered comedies over the past several years.  Somehow, I missed Arrested Development.  I caught up on it over the past week on Netflix.  If you haven't seen it, it is hilarious.  I don't think I could even decide which character is the funniest - although I am partial to Buster and George Michael - mainly because while neither of them have a clue, they are probably the sanest members of the family.  Oh, Michael (Jason Bateman) is sane - but this poor guy is stuck with the worst family on earth!  The best part is really the guest stars and the oddball characters they play: Henry Winkler as the clueless attorney, Liza Minelli as the vertigo-plagued neighbor and Charlize Theron as Michael's mentally challenged love interest, to name a few.  The whole story wraps up neatly at the end - but not the way one might imagine.  If you've never seen it, check it out for some great entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment