Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Cards and books...

I've been a busy bee - I made my friend Madeline some note cards to send along with her funny thank-you card.  I even put my Cricut to use - one of these days I'll make something really spectacular with it!  I've only had it a year or so - sometimes gadgets elude me.  The Cricut and its design software is one of those gadgets - but I will master it one of these days...
As you can see by the stack of books on my table - I've had my nose in a book since last weekend.  I read the rest of Ford County Stories by John Grisham.  I think those short stories are some of his best work yet.  I also read Dying for Mercy by Mary Jane Clark - very suspenseful.  She's closing in on her former mother-in-law for the title of Queen of Suspense!  I'm in the middle of Patricia Cornwell's The Scarpetta Factor - and I am once again questioning why I even bother with her books any more.  Her plots just get more and more outlandish and I had forgotten how seriously sick I am of how perfect and noble she makes Kay out to be.  Lucy's angst is now just annoying, Benton is as big a jerk as he ever was and Marino - well, just when you think he can't get any more stereotypical detective on you - he's off and running on another cliched tangent.  I'd pass it along to Richard right now but I hate not finishing a book.  Besides, I have to finish it so I can complain about how excruciating reading it was.  I've only ever not finished two books in my life - both of them in the past year - imagine that!  It took me this long to figure out that it's really okay not to finish reading a book if you don't like it.  And I've been reading since I was four!

No comments:

Post a Comment