Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, September 09, 2010

At long last...

I know I should save this for ME Monday - and I should have had it done last Monday - but I have finally finished decorating the bathroom!  As you can see, the theme is Bloom Where You're Planted - my favorite!  I know, I know - all of Mary's illustrations qualify as my favorite...

The room was so blah - beige walls, white fixtures, barely pink tile in the shower - so I spiced it up with this ME print valance.  I'm really glad I went with the black background because it makes a nice contrast.  Ariela came by early this evening to put it up for me - I couldn't reach.  
And now for the best part:

I forgot to add the during photo!
Tom and Allen made me this lovely one-of-a-kind frame for my ugly mirror!  I had originally just asked for a painted white moulding frame - but Tom got creative and came up with this amazing finish that is the perfect transition from the brown granite of the vanity to the beige on the wall.  Isn't it pretty?  I am just thrilled with it!  And now I am wishing that I hadn't given away the stained glass three-light fixture from the bathroom at my house - it would look so much better than this ugly white and brushed nickel thing.  I wonder if Cari has put it to use in her house yet... hmmm, I'll have to ask.  I think the whole room came together quite nicely - but it wouldn't have been nearly as pretty with just a plain old white frame on the mirror.  Tom's designer frame is just the thing!  Thanks, guys!

2 comments:

  1. Looks GREAT!! And I know you are basking in the glow!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...so it wasn't the theatre room that you were redecorating??? This looks awesome and you are so right about how wonderful the frame around the mirror is. I'd already enlarged the picture before I read that you had it custom made.
    I love the valance idea for the shower curtain, too. I have that same fabric cut out for curtains in my backroom. Don't ask how many years that's been..ugh. Dawn I'm sure you smile now everytime you go into our bathroom.

    ReplyDelete