Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Or not...

I had to laugh at this cartoon.  I imagine there are a lot of disappointed people all over the world today.  I've never understood the obsession with Judgment Day.  If you are confident of where you stand with your Creator, when Judgment Day arrives - whether it's like a bolt from the blue or meeting your Maker on the other side of death's doorway - it shouldn't be any big deal.  I like to think that life goes on, one way or another.  It would appear that Mr. Camping, the world's most recent vocal harbinger of impending doom, failed to read the Scriptures when he was determining his latest erroneous doomsday prediction.  I guess it would be easy to miss: "For you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night." (I Thessalonians 5:2 NIV)  My personal favorite is "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matthew 24:36 NIV).  I used to work with this lunatic gentleman who was obsessed with the end of the world.  He was a seemingly devout, practicing Catholic who attended Mass daily but apparently took no comfort from his faith.  Admittedly, between believing that his roommate brother was a demon-possessed pedophile who had put a hit out on him and that every woman he met desired him "in a biblical way" (his words, not mine) the guy had more issues than a magazine rack, but based on his religious fervor, the end of the world shouldn't have been at the top of the list.  Vermin magnet that I am, I finally resorted to attempting to insult him about anything so that he'd stop coming by my office.  Even now I shudder as I ignore his name on my caller ID and shove the phone in the desk drawer until it stops ringing.  I don't even speak his name aloud for fear of conjuring him up.  Still, I wonder if He Who Must Not Be Named was disappointed at all today.
One way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment