Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Monday, May 30, 2011

Holy mole!

I was invited to my client Jonathan's birthday celebration today and he promised authentic Mexican cuisine.  If he really meant hot enough to blow the top of your head off, he certainly delivered.  It is hard to imagine that something made of pumpkin seeds, chicken broth and any green vegetable you can imagine can turn out to be so incredibly hot.  Of course, I was the only Anglo there and the only person whose head was sweating.  Even the kids can eat that stuff like it's nothing.  Definitely an acquired taste, but mole verde is an adventure I can now mark off my bucket list.  No wonder Jonathan likes my banana bread - it probably soothes his flaming taste buds!
I also discovered today that this particular gang of Mexicans is seriously into UNO.  They also keep playing until everyone is out - not just until the first player uses all his cards.  And we played in Spanish, which I suppose is the way the game was originally played.  I mean, it is called UNO, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment