Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cairns love rock and roll...

or ZZ Top anyway.  It's funny how Aggie and Peter seem to be more social, or awake at least, when I have the music on.  Normally, they don't seem to care what's playing.  But this afternoon, when I pressed play on the CD remote, Aggie came alive.  Rock and roll is apparently her thing.  Let me explain: today I actually bought a CD for the first time in years.  I was at WalMart looking for a USB cable and when I drove past the music & video department to get to the computer accessories, I took a shortcut down the music aisle.  And there it was: ZZ Top's Greatest Hits - all eighteen of them - for the low, low price of nine bucks.  Fifty cents a song - cheaper than downloading them all from iTunes.  And let's face it, all eighteen are bona fide, lots of airplay hits.  Now, Aggie knows Sharp Dressed Man because it's in heavy rotation on the iPod - but she really seemed to like Gimme All Your Lovin' and Cheap Sunglasses.
Who'd have thunk it? 


No comments:

Post a Comment