Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I love popcorn...

and I seem to have forgotten that fact when I gave away my microwave.  Having read all of the alleged dangers of microwave popcorn, I had pretty much sworn that particular treat off anyway - but popcorn is still our preferred snack of choice around here.  Several years ago, we had an air popper, but Tim hated it because the salt wouldn't stick to the popcorn.  The popper went to Goodwill and we went back to microwave popcorn.  I guess things really do come back around - or so they say.  We are back to air-popped popcorn and we are loving it!  Peter even takes a treat now and then.  I'm not a big salt fan so we use Butter Buds for popcorn seasoning instead.  It's even good with a bit of Mrs. Dash.  So far I've even resisted the urge to put the butter melting cup to use, although I'm not saying that I can't be tempted by butter.  Isn't everyone?

1 comment:

  1. So do the Butter Buds and Mrs. Dash stick to the popcorn? We stopped using our air popper for exactly the same reason.

    ReplyDelete