Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Losing my momentum...

I don’t know if I just had a bad night’s sleep or if I am coming down with a cold – but it seems that I have lost my momentum.  I was on such a roll for the past week – busy with clients, catching up on the pile of paperwork and now – splat!  I have fallen flat on my face today.  I have no energy and no desire to work on anything – it’s going to be a long day.  I always have such high hopes for the first day of a new month; I check my calendar, revise my to-do list, look in my tickler file.  A new month is a fresh start, a new opportunity for success – and when you have no momentum, a new month is just another page on the calendar.  I usually make notes of things I plan to accomplish during the new month – almost like mini-resolutions: blog every day, keep up with the laundry, order less take-out – stuff like that.  Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I don’t, but I try.  Today I don’t really care if I move forward or not.  I just want to sit right here in this chair and vegetate.  Aggie is sitting here looking at me; she knows how I feel.  She would just as soon vegetate, too.  Peter has already crawled under the bed for his morning snooze.
If I thought I wouldn’t get stuck under there, I’d join him.

No comments:

Post a Comment