Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Bones...

Ever been too tired to read?  I mean, to concentrate on what you’re reading?  Well, that’s me the past few days.  As much as I’d love to put my feet up and peruse all the free books I’ve downloaded to my Kindle, I am just too tired to even think at the end of the day lately.  So I’ve started watching Bones.  It’s another one of those shows that was recommended to me by someone whose opinion I do not hold in high positive regard, so I’ve never bothered to watch it.  But Richard has told me for some time now that it is a show well worth a few minutes of my time, so I decided to watch the first episode.  I’m now halfway through Season One and I actually like it.  Not Bones herself – she’s incredibly irritating.  No one with her education and responsible position at the museum can possibly be that socially awkward and completely ignorant of other people’s feelings.  On the other hand, Booth more than makes up for her complete lack of likeability.  I love the boss and Dr. Hodgins is a trip.  Zack is a little out there, but he grows on you.  I haven’t made my mind up about Angela yet – but I am definitely looking forward to the next episode.  And it’s easier to concentrate on a forty-five minute mystery than it is to read for forty-five minutes without drifting off to sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment