Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, March 11, 2011

Grown-ups...

Say what you will about Adam Sandler – but I love his movies.  For the most part, they’re about friendship, family and taking care of one another.  The only one I ever saw that I didn’t like was Zohan – and while I was mildly shocked by some of the content and language, even worse was that I lent it to my friend, Long,  before I had watched it and he promptly went back and put it on the DVD player in his salon for the old ladies to watch while they were having their nails done.   When he told me about how risque it was, I was mortified and I am sure that my embarrassment influenced my opinion of the movie after I watched the thing.  But I am happy to report that Grown-Ups is a much better, family-friendly movie and I really liked it.  Sure, it had lots of bodily function / guy humor, and yes, that obnoxious idiot David Spade is in it, but all in all, it’s a very funny film.  How can you go wrong with Adam Sandler and Kevin James in the same movie?  Most of the usual suspects made an appearance as well.  If you haven't seen it, and you need a good wholesome laugh, you can find it streaming on NetFlix.  Aggie & I give it three and a half bags of popcorn.  No hankies required.

No comments:

Post a Comment