Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Monday, March 07, 2011

ME Monday...

You know I love Mary Engelbreit and I love a book - what could be better than two for one?  Artful Words - Mary Engelbreit and the Illustrated Quote is my latest Mary acquisition.  Isn't the book jacket amazing?  When I first started doing calligraphy (thirty years ago!) I spent a lot of time writing quotes with illuminated lettering, as my teacher called it.  This book - especially the cover - reminds me of all those pieces I did: cards, matted quotes - even the envelopes I mailed the cards in - fancy capitals with ivy and swirls and gold ink for good measure.  ME is the undisputed queen of the illustrated quote - and I am still in awe of her work.  I haven't done any actual pen & ink calligraphy in years - having lots of cats who always wanted to help put an end to that - but one of these days...  For more ME fun, head on over to Cherry Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment