Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Saturday, June 19, 2010

So much for sleeping late on a Saturday...

I'd forgotten what it's like to have a dog and a cat in the house - particularly a pair that aren't used to each other's company yet!  No more sleeping late on Saturdays for me!  And, to add insult to injury, my head is seriously stuffed up.  Already!  I'd stopped taking the Zyrtec because I was only with Peter in the office during the weekdays - and that was a lot of space for me and a cat who hid in the inner office most of the day.  Now we're in much closer quarters - and my eyes are itching and well, you get the picture. 
Oh well - one of the hazards of pet ownership.
I found this really cute desktop background the other day when I went looking for Gooseberry Patch online to see what was new - only to find that they have ceased to exist as a gift catalog and now only publish and sell their cookbooks!  I loved that store!  It wasn't like I was going to buy anything, but still...  They had such neat stuff and great decorating ideas and I will admit I used to steal borrow craft ideas from them as well.  I loved their country style - and my house used to reflect that - but since I've moved on to my less is more philosophy, my style is more eclectic.  Speaking of - I am going to attempt to hang framed pictures on my living room wall today.  Have hammer, will attempt to drive nails...

No comments:

Post a Comment