Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dependability...

is a virtue.  At least that's how I was raised.  I've gotten myself into a state over having paid someone to do some work for me who seems to be in no hurry to complete it.  We had a small disagreement last week over how much she had been paid (in advance!) and how much of the work had already been completed.  Even after that, she left early that day and didn't complete the whole job.  I mean, honestly, would you clean someone's house all except for the bathroom and then say that you really didn't feel like doing it and that you'd come back another day to finish?  How do I respond to that?  I really shouldn't let it bother me because I've only hired her to work for me in order to help her out - sort of like an offering in action.  But it makes me wonder if she is like this with all of her clients - and if she is, that explains why she is always looking for work and for new clients.  So now, six days later, I have cleaned my own bathroom while waiting for her to clear time on her busy schedule.   Grrrrr!  Richard says I have just got to stop trying to rescue people; my controlling nature just sets me into a tizzy when they don't get their act together and behave the way I think they should.  I know that makes me sound like an uptight bitch, but it is what it is. 
And I am what I am.  I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment