Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Monday, June 14, 2010

Busy as a bee...

I have had a really productive day today.  I realized that I haven't done any meaningful work since June 1 when I started packing up the office to move.  Not a good thing - the pile of work didn't get any smaller.  I've been working, working, working since about 6:30 this morning on one thing or another.  I unearthed my little project card holder and updated my to-do list.  Isn't it a cute thing?  I had a new client no-show, but it gave me a chance to do invoices and receivable for another client.  I put away more stuff from the office and filled up two more bags for Goodwill.  And two bags of trash!  I am hoping to finish up tomorrow and be back to my efficient and cheerful self.  Hee hee!
Yesterday, Ariela and Marco came to put the shelves in the lanai storage closet.  Maria and Spikey came, too.  Well, Marco mostly put the shelves up; we visited and laughed at Spikey playing with Aggie and ate chips and dip.  When Marco was finished and Ariela inspected his work, we made turkey & swiss panini sandwiches for lunch.  Then we had birthday cake and ice cream to celebrate Ariela's birthday of last week and watched Shutter Island.  We were all full as ticks and it's a wonder we didn't all fall asleep watching the movie.  It was good, but you really have to pay attention or you miss something crucial.  I think I'll have to watch it again when Aggie isn't being mauled by a three-year-old.  Maria originally wanted to go up to the pool and swim, but after walking up to the clubhouse to check it out, she decided it was too busy and too dang hot out anyway.  Maria was just fourteen in May and she wants to volunteer somewhere this summer, but every place I've checked with says she's too young.  We've decided that she's going to come over one day a week and I'm going to teach her to sew.  She's taking a sewing class at school this coming fall and she wants to be ahead of the game.  She'll probably have a fit when I make her practice sewing straight lines on notebook paper!  I found an easy pattern for pajama pants that I thought would make a good first project.  I know I have some lightweight flannel with coffee cups on it that will be really cute.  Ariela says that will be perfect because Maria loves to lounge and drink coffee.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good couple of days! I take it Maria is your granddaughter? What joy it is to spend time together!! Sounds like a lot of fun to ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both my girls took a sewing class last summer. They loved it. She had them sew on paper too. No thread, but they had to follow the outline around. It was a good exercise.
    Butterick had their patterns on sale last week for 1.99. I bought a pajama pattern to for my girls and made each of them pajama pants. They love them. It was very easy. (my type of pattern)
    Hope she enjoys sewing. I think its a great skill to have forever.
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete