Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The table switch...

is half finished.  I moved the round Singer sewing table and replaced it with the antique mission library table.  I decided that the change would give me some extra room for books and my fan - which had taken up residence at the dining room table.  Can you tell I don't entertain much?  I think my friend Richard and I ate at the dining room table about a year ago when I first moved in (I was thrilled to actually have my table at home!) and then Ariela, the kids and I snacked at the table once while Marco was working putting the shelves in my lanai closet.  Everyone knows women enjoy watching men work.  Anyhow, my next project is dragging one of those ugly nightstands out of the bedroom (I've already relocated the two drawers full of stuff) and getting someone to take it away.  Then I have to somehow maneuver the round table into the bedroom where I am sure it will look fantastic next to my old black iron bed.  I just need to work up the ambition, energy and strength to move the stuff.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment