Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, December 17, 2010

Not very holiday-ish...

but I just like Lemon Bars for some reason.  Tim hated lemon - except for lemonade - so I never really made anything lemon at all.  Especially not lemon bars - but I have since discovered that I love them.  And the Krusteaz Lemon Bar mix is wonderful - simple and they turn out great every time.  There's another recipe on the side of the box for Lemon Crisps using the mix and some additional ingredients.  I may just have to try those, too.  I know Lemon Bars are not a traditional Christmas cookie, but I thought they'd be a nice addition to the dessert plate for dinner next Saturday - along with the chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies I made today.  I have to make the snickerdoodles yet - and some banana bread for my client, Jonathan.  He loves it - for some reason.  I think his wife isn't a baker - although she is a whiz at whipping up empanadas!

3 comments:

  1. It doesn't have to be red & green to satisfy the holiday sweet tooth I say! They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me to add lemon bars to my Christmas dinner desserts :-)

    ReplyDelete